We help companies and entrepreneurs buy or sell a business, whether it’s a large merger or acquisition or the purchase of a local business that will employ the family now and in the future. In our business transactions practice we begin by helping our clients define their goals. With those goals firmly in mind, we develop and implement an efficient strategy for achieving them by:
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent outlining the key terms of the business purchase or sale.
- Assisting in due diligence efforts.
- Protecting the business’s trade secrets and proprietary information during the sale process.
- Identifying opportunities to structure transactions in a tax-advantaged manner, if possible.
- Minimizing future risk by allocating it among the parties in the transactional agreements.
- Negotiating the terms and final text of all agreements and documents.
- Identifying the consents and permits that may be necessary to the deal and assisting with required filings.
If your company is seeking counsel for an acquisition, sale or merger, we can help you make your deal.